Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 7

Dutch babies (german pancakes) and juice for breakfast

Got a blood pregnancy test (negative)

Spent a wonderful day with the family, movie, dinosaur museum, farm, eating an Asian buffet for dinner, so delicious, and still got the kids to bed on time, it was so nice to have Gordon home for this holiday.

Then I cried, got it all out when I found out about the pregnancy test at the end of the day, this was our second procedure and I was really hoping it would work, I’m still sad and unsure if we should continue, and what my role and what I should be pursuing with my children growing up, they need me and I’ll be so busy, but should I be focusing on other things, try another procedure? Do we look at adoption, do we move on to this next stage of life, and what does that involve for me? My husband has been a great comfort and the three wonderful children I have. He just holds me and tells me three children are fine, and he loves me. Just what I need to hear, he is so supportive and just wonderful.

4 comments:

Rachel Leslie said...

I'm sorry you're not pregnant. You and Gordon are wonderful parents and any child would be lucky to join you guys. I'll pray that you guys will know what to do and that if you are done, that you will feel that peace.

Ruth said...

I couldn't ask for a better sister. Love you.

Marcus said...

You're really fantastic. Really. I am sorry to hear about your struggles.

Nicole said...

Thanks for sharing, this is a wonderful idea, we can really feel what you guys are doing day to day! Sorry we missed Jonathan being there, we miss our cousins! Hang in there, wish we were closer!