Wednesday, February 16, 2011

30 days of life day 1

Woke up at 6:15 yea!!
Checked emails, updated on blogs, made breakfast before kids up

Not the healthiest breakfast: Dutch-babies (German pancakes sprinkled with lemon juice and powdered sugar) bacon and orange slices, hectic scripture time, lost temper with daughter not getting dressed for the day etc….

Lunch I got together with my writing group and we had a pot-luck. Delicious: enchilada casserole, bean/salsa/sausage soup, vegetable lasagna, 3 bean salad, chocolate covered nuts and dried fruit. We talked about little places we liked to go as a child. I remember tucking myself away in my Grandma V.’s loft, I’d read books, write and hide away. By Grandma and Grandpa D.’s we’d hide away and consort behind the sweet smelling lilac bushes. I’d go exploring at our end of the land for adventures.

Then when the kids came home it was taking my son to his Chinese tutor’s apartment, reading with the kids, writing, math, then piano lessons and warming up leftover lasagna for dinner.

I actually didn’t eat with the kids, Gordon came home and I went to our RS game night. I snacked on cookies, cake, muffins, popcorn and had a blast, rolling on the ground with laughter, I had a wonderful time. I have a new favorite game.

First: Everyone writes a question on their paper then pass to the player on their left. (best if at least 6 people)

The player answers your question and folds your question over so no one can see it, and passes the paper.

The next person writes a question that has an answer that fits the above writing. Then folds the paper again so only their question is on the paper.

The next player answers the new question. Etc.. Until you get your own paper back (it is helpful if you have a bunch of clipboards or someway to know it’s your paper.

Then at the end everyone reads their whole paper it is hilarious.

When I came home Gordon had all the kids in bed and we got to spend some cuddle time together, a good day, if not the healthiest.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

love it! Thanks for sharing Sarah.