Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Starting over

I was so excited, thought I had found a great storyline for my novel. It still might work, but I just saw the latest Die Hard movie and was disappointed to find that they had used a great portion of my idea for my novel (which was very exciting). I don't want to look like a copy cat so I am going to have to rethink the direction I was going with my novel. Of course the main characters in my novel are a school teacher and a mother of 6, very different then the Bruce Willis hardcore police man type and I hadn't thought of the sudden take down everything approach the bad guys in Die Hard use.

I had a wonderful birthday. I always look at birthdays as a mile stone, a time to grow up just a little bit more make some changes, reevaluate my life, that sort of thing. I have no regrets in my choice of husband, my children, our home I definitely could use my time more wisely, but funny as it sounds, I think I am becoming more efficent time wise so I can get more done and still enjoy a book, a show, even a computer game once in a while. Even better if I could cut back more and focus on more serious things like writing more, being a better scriptorian, more updated, more well read, contribute more.

I'm all about balance and trying to find that perfect balance in life, it has to be contantly changing to be a good balance for where you are that day and what your circumstances are, I think contentment comes with finding the right balances in life, for your own personal life.

1 comment:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

How wonderful to realize you have as good an imagination as someone who wrote the screenplay for a block buster movie. It takes two years to get a book published after it is accepted. A year to write it. A while to edit it so you are looking at a minimum of three years. By then, the plot of Die Hard will just be a faint memory. Besides that, there are almost no new stories, just variations of old ones. Take heart. I love your book. And you. And loved that you shared your birthday with us. That was the ultimate compliment for us. We cherish it. Thank you.