Saturday, December 29, 2007

green goopy winter

I have a green goopy cold that started Christmas as a sore throat and turned runny, then green and I'm blowing my nose on anything I can get my hands on, napkins, paper towels, toilet paper and I petitioned my husband to please, please pick me up some nice soft tissue on his way home from work. Then my poor little baby has it and just this morning my son has it.

I dragged myself out of my pajamas to take me daughter to her friends and slink into the store unnoticed to buy some strong sinus, cold medicine. As I drove I tried to remember when I last saw a sunny day, other then the sunshine I see in my children's faces when they are happy. Then I thought what a blessing is my husband (unbreakable type) and even my oldest daughter (who I only nursed 2 months) doesn't seem to get sick easily.

My baby is showing signs of being nurturning, she is starting to carry baby dolls around and is competely facinated with her baby cousins (trying to give them her bottles and food), she likes to be held along with the babies and poke their cheeks and tummys. When her older brother feel asleep on the couch, she got this sweet look on her face and helped me pull the blankets up around him and gently touched his hair.

Of course being cooped up at Christmas time isn't easy. Twice my kids have convinced themselves that we were going swimming of all things, even got all dressed up in their swim suits. Only my children could look outside at the piling snow and the below freezing temperatures and think this is just the weather to go swimming in, they are little fishes. Luckily family have been in town and we've had some game nights where the kids can see their cousins and aunts and uncles, grandma and grandpa and old grandpa (what they call their great-grandpa).

Christmas was nice we only saw my parents and siblings for 2 hours. Most the the day was just our own little family playing together, me taking a nap and just relaxing and driving around to look at all the lights. Tonight family is getting together again, but I think we'll just stay home, borrow "Amazing Grace" from my parent's DVD library and get better. When it is cold outside it is nice to just cuddle up in a warm blanket with my husband and watch a movie, put on a flannel shirt, eat a warm dinner, play a game with the kids and stay home finding sunshine in being happy in our house.


1 comment:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I'm sorry you have the green goopy's. I hope you will enjoy being forced to stay at home though. I was out tonight--went to see Barbara at the convelescent home--and it was cold and snowy and slick. Stay home and watch your baby nurture everyone. What a sweetie. LOVED the image of the kids in swimming suits. How funny. Get well! Go to bed early. Stay warm.