Friday, December 7, 2007

Children are fun

It is so hard as a parent to keep a straight face when you need to be serious with your children, but the situation is so funny. Yesterday Jacob came up to me while I was on the computer and siad, "Mommy, can you help me?" I look over and he was completely tangled in yarn, it wasn't tight or anything and I just wanted to laugh. He had taken a batch of yarn and strewn it all over the family room and and tangled himself in it. After surpressing a laugh I explained it was esspecially important he not put things like string and such around himself esspecially his neck. I am quite expert at untangling yarn but when it got to be around his neck I didn't dare chance making it tight and ended up cutting the yarn, since he had like 20 layers around his neck on top of all the layers surrounding his body.

My baby is toddling all over the place, shuffling her little feet, it is nice because 2 of the 4 teeth coming in have broken through and she is a happier baby. Her favorite thing is to pull all of the books off the shelf and follow me or her dad around. She cuddles with us and it is so cute. My baby doll loves to be held and loved and is so sweet and gives loves right back putting her little head on our shoulders. She has learned how to scream in protest when her siblings take things from her or she is uncomfortable. That has been an adjustment, because she had such a soft cry as a baby I had to put a moniter in her room so I could feel like I could check if she was crying.

My oldest daughter said a very funny and cute thing too. We were at the dinner table and wanted to know if she was going to have a babysitter. The last two nights because of my birthday and a work party we had gone out, and had they had babysitters (neighbors with kids or grandparents). My sweet girl was trying to convince us we needed to go out and that when she sees it is 8:00 she always tells the babysitter she needs to go to bed. My hubby and I both laughted at that. My sweet girl is the very hardest to go to bed every night and is a bit of a night owl. She also told us mom needed her "love time" so we needed go out. I couldn't help it I just laughed and laughed. Isn't that cute, she made it up all on her own. I will sometimes just give her one on one and even rock her and give her time to know I love her and I guess she on her own figured that was my time when I got to go on dates with Daddy.

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You are fun too, a wonderful Mom, full of wisdom, patience and happiness. What more could children ask.

Ruth said...

What adorable kiddos. I can't wait to see you guys around Christmas!