Monday, November 19, 2007

When I was 7 8 and 9

Years Seven and Eight and Nine
Miss. Nielson, later Mrs. Varterless engaged to be married a little distracted
A new and young teacher, questioning things after teaching us
First and only time I ever cheated, feeling so bad
New school, Edgemont, new friends to make, feeling shy
Living in a rental house for two years right next to Grandparents D
Every Saturday the cleanup monster coming to our playroom
Building forts and castles in our large basement getaway, imagining
Picking cherries in the back yard and climbing the tree
My dad going every Friday to Price to be their one Dermatologist there
Our family vacation going on a train to Price, staying in a hotel, meeting Dad
Coming home late, working so hard but still helping with homework and bedtime stories
Dad involved in young men’s, taking me to the Spanish lessons for their Mexico trip
First time coming home to a empty house, worried, praying so hard
Learning my brother J was in a horrible bike accident, chased by a dog
His tongue hanging by it’s skin, my dad having to get another doctor to sew it
Afterwards milkshakes, yogurt and lots of attention for him
Starting piano lessons, my mom working so hard with me
Helping to set the table, learning to wipe off counters and tables
Enjoying family time cleaning up and helping mom with laundry
Helping my dad at his office off of Canyon Road, getting paid
Learning of my parents anniversary and what it was
Waking up at 4:00 in the morning to cut up carrots and do laundry
I put the carrots in the oven (sprinkled with brown sugar) to look like a 10
My siblings woke up too and helped, my parent’s smiles will always be remembered
Third grade teacher, Mrs. Fisher, being so nervous
Having an imaginary giraffe pet friend
Making good friends, P and K and Z
Wearing Princess Lea and Laura Engels hair styles
Being baptized, feeling so happy and pure
At first sad I wasn’t baptized on my birthday, parent’s gone
Special baptism dress, getting mad at brother at the breakfast after
Feeling so bad, but learning about repentance and feeling clean again
Getting my glasses and seeing things so clear, so amazed
Lots of nightmares of monsters, fires separating me from my family
Liking to sleep on the floor, sharing a room with my sister’s M and R
Feeling most comfortable with my family happy to play with just my siblings

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

This is so lovely. We learn so much about who you are, who you were. I love the part about learning about repentance. I didn't learn about repentance until way, way after my baptism. By then I KNEW I was a sinner for sure. Thanks for this lovely blog. I will stop by every single day.

Melissa Miller said...

I had Miss Nielson and Mrs Fisher too. I saw Mrs Fisher a few years ago...she is exactly the same.
I can't wait to read your novel, you have an amazing talent there! I wish I did.