Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving on its way

I take my son to storytime at the library, then feeling up to it I invite our neighbor girl at the last moment. My wild son becomes calm and even stands in line holding her hand, sits still all through storytime I am amazed it is wonderous what a calming friend can do for my son. Once my son is on the bus, I finish his leftover lunch and fell light as a feather, shopping doesn't have to be a big long ordeal, I go while the older two are at school, my one year old is so good and loves this quiet time with mommy. It is amazing only a half hour at Costco and a half hour at Target for shopping, who ever heard of such a thing, and I even stayed in budget, no little bribing toys or snacks I wasn't planning on it was so great. My baby even fell asleep on the way home, what an adventure. Our plans for Thanksgiving have changed three or four times, but one thing is staying the same this year, a quiet small Thanksgiving. To be completely honest Thanksgiving isThanksgiving because it is time with our family. I love seeing extended family, but esspecially now with three children just if it was us with no one else I would be so happy just to play games, watch a movie, eat good food and be together, that is all I want.
Happy Thanksgiving

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Beautifully said. Relationships are what count the most. You are rearing three beautiful children who will grow up, knowing they were loved and cherished. Your husband knows he is too.

PS I am the one that deleted the first post as I used your real name. Sorry! Everything is the same in this comment.

Cindy Price said...

I loved reading your blog, especially your first post about living on the moon. Too sweet! I look forward to reading more!!