Monday, November 19, 2007

My baby sister
Now on a mission, speaking Portugese
Loving the people, the sweet children
Eating new foods, cutting her hair
I remember her as a baby, patting my back
Her second mother, people would call me
I’d play with her in her crib, making her laugh
Wearing the hippo bathing suit as a toddler
Strutting, the queen of the family, the owner of us all
Falling off the banister, scaring our hearts
Always creative, curious, an artist
In every piece of writing, every drawing, every conversation
A uniqueness all her own, her style found
So passionate, a lioness for the underdog
So animated, so full of life and righteous indignation
So much heart, so much humility even in her passion
Too hard on herself, guilt ridden, afraid of her own mind
A blind miracle worker, doing more good then she can see
A memorable person, touching people’s minds in a special way
Honest, choosing the right, an example for us all
Righteousness is her strength
Tall, beautiful, elegant and graceful in her own way
Always so interesting, always informing herself
A good friend to so many, a good friend type
So loved, so special, my sister

No comments: