Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 4 and 5 plant based diet

So last night for fun I made homemade french fries (not the healthiest) but it was fun with veg i-burgers, asparagus spears. I boiled the asparagus in salted/lemon juice water and they came out a beautiful green. The kids have been eating the yogurt and drinking the milk with cereal so that helps me feel like they aren't going to waste.

I don't think milk is bad or eggs either, I told myself I would have them once a week, but I am almost afraid to breakdown and have them, so I think I will just chose a day and that is the day I have milk on cereal and egg for breakfast, I'm thinking Saturday morning would be good.

Anyways, so far it really hasn't been too bad, I get hungry more often, but if I feel hungry I just grab a few multi-grain chips, a handful of nuts, and maybe a strawberry and I feel full, a nice hold me over between meals. Off to the dentist now.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Good job! I'm proud of you. I'm trying lots of new vegan recipes so I'll post the best ones on my blog for you in a few days.