Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 10, 11, 12 Healtier living/ bird invasion

Quite an adventure, I thought I heard someone downstairs, thought it was my mother-in-law who is visiting and it was a bird flapping around, getting caught in the blinds and curtains. It was freaked out and so was I. I used a pillow as shield and wrapped a blanket around my head and slowly came towards it to open up the sliding door it kept trying to go out on. When I neared the bird, it ran under the hutch. My sweet neighbor ran over and we poked the bird out with a broom and fortunately it made it out the sliding door this time, both of us grateful for its freedom. Wow.

The eating better thing has been going well. Last night I had my nephews and my nephew's wife over she is vegetarian and my mother-in-law came into town who also eats little dairy and little meat so I was able to serve a minestrone soup I just made and left over dishes of quinoa and black beans, lentil and rice casserole, humus chips, water and everyone seemed happy and seemed to enjoy it. My son later made smoothies for those who wanted them.

I really am feeling more energy which I can tell, because even when I'm up a lot with the baby (who just started cooing yesterday sooooo cute) I still am able to function the next day. Gordon has lost 7 lbs, I can't claim that but I think especially if I start walking, even a little bit I'll start seeing some numbers like that though maybe not as fast.

My sisters have been sharing some new recipes with me, which I am excited to start trying, I think I am going to try the corn tortilla recipes this week for sure, I got most of the ingredients from the store today. My friend/sister Becky gave me a stuffed pepper recipe which I think the family will really enjoy a lot too.

2 comments:

Jared said...

Good work. I'm glad you like the recipes. Tell Gordon congratulations on losing 7 lbs. So far I haven't lost any weight either, but I do feel that I have more energy. From what I've read that if you follow a strict (no cheating) vegan diet you should lose about 1 lb a week. We haven't been super strict, still drinking milk on cereal in the morning, using eggs in muffins and things and eating cheese about 1 to 2 times a week. It also is hard to lose weight while nursing so don't be too hard on yourself. Good work.

Mary said...

Okay so that last comment was actually from me I guess Jared was just signed into the computer.