Friday, January 9, 2009

Where have the dreams gone

My children watch a show about space, flying to the moon
In the show, flies fly to the moon, why can't I?
Where did all my childhood dreams go to?
Has growing up smashed all my real imagination?
There was something freeing and beautiful about dreams
Dreams where I really felt like I could fly
Dreams where I was a genius that could invent anything
Dreams where hope always existed, and anything was possible
Living in space, raising my family on the moon or on a space station was reality
How do you inspire your children, but live with realities that swallowed your dreams?
How do you live with hope and change your dreams to go along with your course in life?
I love my children, my husband my family, but a part of me wants to take the plunge into my books, my imagination, into fantasy leaving hard work and stress behind me, keep my relationships with those I love but surface in a whole different world new and different

2 comments:

Mary said...

Don't worry. You have plenty of imagination yet. You are one of the most imaginative people I know. I love you!

christine said...

Sarah, I really enjoy reading your blog. You are a wonderful mother and wife. I love your family. I think you should write all that you can. It is a good outlet. Love, Aunt Chris