Saturday, January 31, 2009

Good Books

This last year I've read several good books. Most of them are Young adult books.
Fablehaven series
Alex Rider series
Ranger's apprentice series (By John Flanagan)
Princess Academy, Goose girl, Enna Burning and more of Shannon Hale's books
I did like the Twilight series, but I felt those were more adult books, but they were captivating and I enjoyed the stories.

I find that I go through passions and episodes of nervous energy that take their form into different interests. So last week I read all three of the Shannon Hale books I have listed and have three on hold at the library. Books right now are a passion, better than my last passion of mastering different games on dotblu. I'm also getting into a crochetting passion that is actually productive, in my dreams I'm imagining a homemade Christmas that will be all prepared for months in advance.

So currently I'm making slippers for M and hopefully my passion for crochetting will continue through the rest of crochetted items for the rest of the family before the end of October which is my goal, this year will be different I'll actually be able to have a wonderful Christmas free of stress and just be able to enjoy my family without any stress because I'll be all prepared (maybe this year it won't just be a dream).

During one of my passion fits I painted a murial on my kitchen door, that after the inital fit it took me months to complete. It is great when I get in my writing fits and I'm able to just have words and stories flow out of me and I can't get enough written down. I'm getting better about taking charge of these episodes starting to recognize them and hopefully I'll be able to direct them towards what I want want to accomplish like writting and hopefully completing a novel, short story or children's book. It seems I get in the mode, then I stop when the energy's gone and I need to just keep myself going so it doesn't take me so long to finish projects.

My children are always my passion. I love sitting down and letting my creative energy correspond with my kids and we'll build legos together, draw, cook together, decorate, something I need to do more of, no regrets with that time together. I love making music together and for them, playing on the piano singing. Sometimes we all sing, just different songs all our own, chaotic but at the same time beautiful. I do notice I'm a better parent when whatever my passion is I let the children in on it too, do artwork at the same time I am, sit where they are playing while I read, make a story up together, have them show me a puppet show.

My husband, what can I say, he is the love and passion of my life, a energy source for me of love. How come he loves me I don't always know, esspecially when I've had some bad days and not the nices person to be around. Yet, he does, he loves me and I love him and it is an unconditional love, a love that also radiates to our kids and is beautiful. I love people, their lifes, how they are doing, their stories, their essence their variety and personalities. We went out with my sister and her husband and they just make me laugh, so funny and I just love to be around them. Our interests, our fits of passion for different things make life interesting, unpredicable, a bit chaoic, but that is what life is about, as long as some balance is infused with the rest.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for the book recommendations. We loved the Ranger apprentice and Fablehaven series.

Ruth said...

Thank you for the recommendations as well Sarah. They are great.