Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Things I Like

My son’s cut-out shapes, colorings of spaceships and giants, his snowflakes he makes
M’s sweet notes, helping with her siblings (especially in the early mornings)
E sleeping through the night and playing so well, her sweet cuddles

I like to cuddle with my husband and read a book together or watch a show
I love a good book, a challenging song on the piano, a challenging game
I love stories, I love people, variety of life experiences and sharing

I like sunny days with blue skies and melting snow
Song birds singing in the afternoon and evening (not in the morning)
I love exploring finding treasures in nature, hiking, the open air

The thrill of catching a fish, successfully completing a hike,
Having shared experiences, discussing different points of view
Feeling comradery and friendship, well being among those I meet and know

I like successfully making a new recipe and others enjoying it too
The smell of fresh baked bread, then eaten with butter and honey or jam
The good feeling of a good exercise and muscles being stretched and loose

I like hard work and seeing a job completed well, finishing a challenging project
Visiting with people, learning new things, discussing thoughts they and I have
Being of service, feeling needed, feeling appreciated and of worth

The warmth of the Holy Ghost after feeling Gods love, feeling forgiveness and purity
Reading the scriptures and a passage read being meant for me in a personal way
Praying in humility and feeling lifted and changed, able to see more clearly

Saying prayers with my family, holding them close to me knowing we love each other
My children’s hugs, their kisses, their smiles their love for me
Going on dates with my husband, going on dates as a family

Listening to music, changing channels discovering what I like for myself
Playing the piano in the evenings with a quite lonely stillness all around
Painting, creative writing rampages, drawing, creating, imagining

My husband’s songs, M’s songs, J’s songs, E’s songs
All unique creative all their own and so much them, I love to hear them sing and create
Bedtime stories reading together, singing songs at night, one-on-one time

Learning new skills that I can feel comfortable with and then try new things
Going to the temple once I’m finally there and feeling the peace
Teaching my children and seeing understanding and confidence in their eyes

Written Jan 20, 2009

3 comments:

g said...

I love your writing, simple, to-point, beautiful, relaxed, and rhythmic. Your ability to encapsulate both ideas and emotions in poetry, leaves me inspired and contemplative about my place in this world. You are a beautiful inspiration, I am so happy to know you.

Ruth said...

I like you. Thanks for sharing. It's great to read your updates.

Mary said...

It is good to take the time to stop and think about the things you love. It makes you realize your blessings.