Sunday, January 11, 2009

Enough whining

I read my last post and was embarrassed about my whining. I read the sweetest blog by one of my friends about a couple in our ward who are going through some tough times. You know, I live a dream life. I have a wonderful husband who loves me even when I don't understand how he could. I have sweet children who amaze me every day. I have my two year old who is still my baby even though I'd like another one. I have good food, a nice house, a musical, loud imaginative household. My own prince Charming, my own snow white, albert einstein and little cinderella children.

How dream like is my life. I cuddle and watch a show almost every night with my husband while he rubs my back. I'm able to stay home with my children during the day and while the older ones are gone to school and my baby is playing by herself or napping I can write, visit, read a book. I have a nice house at a great interest rate. I have a body that doesn't work perfectly but is strong and usually healthy. Right now I have a cold and have been feeling sorry for myself, but no more whining, I'll feel all better soon and I better do something good with this wonderful life I've been blessed with.

I'm a firm believer in "where much is given, much is required." When I compare myself to others I feel guilty about how well things have gone, though it is so easy to focus on the negative and hard times, I've been so blessed. Therefore, more is required of me because I haven't had as many of the trials of many I know. It is my job to serve, help, volunteer, do my best, be happy, learn more, grow more and build others up around me and be the best mom, the best homemaker, the best person I can be. I have a family who loves me, I was raised well, I have a brain and a body that functions well enough. Let me be an intstrument in the hands of the Lord, that is where fulfillment comes, and I know it.

1 comment:

Life with the Warrens said...

i think that the whining is part of who we are and comes with the life cycle. you did a great job with us and your service was greatly appreciated. we have decided to carry the scrabble chips with us where ever we go. our sarah has started to play it too.