Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lasting days

Memorable days time passing like a needle through the day
My daughter in a play, wearing my old high school formal
My husband so vulnerable under anesthetic, surgery on a pinkie finger
My son endeared to me, struggling to know how to deal with boiling emotions
My baby clinging to me trying to find security loving her walks

I wonder how to make my home peaceful, how to deal with the teasing siblings
How to manage time so the important things are taught and sought after
How to care for the health and well-being of the family
Crying over others sadness and struggles feeling so blessed and grateful for what we have
The sunshine comes often at the end of the clouded days, giving life

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Sarah, you are a treasure. Your children are too. Sweet "sandwich making girl." Sweet baby, who gave Judy a love. And your sweet boy who hopes he is a good looking boy or a nice boy--I can't remember for sure. You are doing a fantastic job, girl. I love you.

Ruth said...

I love your poems. Thanks for sharing.