Thursday, April 3, 2008

Worry to Joy

It is amazing how we often cause our own trials and stress. My husband fractured his finger and was running late to work because he was at the doctors. I get a call saying there is a big company meeting he has to be to at 11:30. So in panic I try to get a hold of him at the doctors and get transfered 5 times and then put on hold. Very streesed I tell him he has to leave now and go right away.

Eight years ago my husband was layed off along with 2/3 of the .com company, and all of that stress and worry came rushing back to me. Later I let the answering machine get the phone and it is my husband telling me urgently to pick up. With a pit in my stomach I answer the phone and it turns out he was recognized for his excellent work at the meeting, taken out to lunch and was calling me to ask how to spend the $100 he was told to spend at the mall in appreciation of what he's been doing.

The one good thing about worry, is when everything turns out wonderful, you are that much more grateful and feel that much more blessed. Also that day I was able to be given some wonderful training by a State-funded Speech therapist on how to help my baby start to talk, since she is delayed in that one area. Then to top everything off this morning, I weighted myself and I had lost 5 pounds since Monday. Yea!!!

3 comments:

whirligigdaisy said...

Glad it was something wonderful.

Mary said...

Tell Gordon congratulations from us. I relate to how you were feeling. Because Jared struggled with unemployment before, I worry about him being unemployed again, which is an unfounded fear.
Sometimes it is just our nature to worry, but it makes our husbands more stressed. So I'm trying to stop worrying so much, or at least stop expressing so much of my worry to Jared.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I hear you. I am ALWAYS "borrowing trouble," as my mom used to say. Then, when the real truth is known, usually not as bad as I thought about, I am worn out and not as able to deal with it. It's hard to let go of the worry, isn't it?

I'm glad it turned out so well!

And you lost weight! I think I found it. Drat.