Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Healthy living experiment day 9

Last night I cut up a bunch of carrots and celery, it helps to have out on the counter to snack on. So in the book, How Not to Die that I've been reading the author talks about 12 daily dozen. Just something I'm going to keep in the back of my mind while I go about my day.

1. Cruciferious Vegetables 1 serving
2. Greens 2 servings
3. Other Vegetables 2 servings
4. Beans 3 servings
5. Berries 1 serving
6. Fruit 3 servings
7. Flaxseed
8. Nuts 1/4 c.
9. Spices (like tumeric)
10. Whole grains 3 servings
11. Exercise 90 min
12. Water 5 large glasses

I think it might take me a long time especially on exercise but if I can just subconsciously keep this 12 daily dozen in the back of my mind it could be helpful.

This morning for breakfast I've mostly had carrots and celery left over from what I cut up last night. Then when my good friend was over visiting I cooked up some more of my black beans to have ready to eat. Hoping to stop by Sprouts and see if they have any good sales especially on berries. Then pick up supplies for painting downstairs. One thing I realize makes me happy is feeling like I am really helping and making a difference for someone.

1 comment:

Rachel Leslie said...

Love the updates! Getting the daily dozen does help make me feel full so I don't want the other stuff!