Thursday, October 6, 2016

Healthier living Experiment day 10 and 11

So you get perspective, my teenager begs me to take her to Days for butterfingers practically every day. My kids have almost finished off the bag of costco chicken dinosaurs that I bought on Saturday. My husband still enjoys a bedtime ice cream bowl most nights. My family most of them won't be satisfied with a meal unless there is meat in it. My teenager decided she is vegetarian but still mostly wants to eat junk food so navigating has been hard. However, I've been surprised and please I've been able to resist and have done pretty good even though I am surrounded by non-vegan temptations, I think it really helps that I am starting to feel better emotionally as well.

I have not slept well between insomnia and some gastrointestinal issues and bladder issues I have been getting up around 3 am the last few nights different reasons every night. I try to go back to sleep but is challenging and will play ticket to ride online but eventually get up and take my daughter to her drivers ed class. The good news is that I feel happier, I want to do things, I have more energy despite the lack of sleep, I am still hoping to get a little nap in today but I am not as sluggish as I would have been not getting sleep and I do think that has to do with the diet. So if I can get sleep and keep the diet that will be extra wonderful. I also feel lighter and my mind seems more keen and overall more positive.

Yesterday I ate my nuts, some whole wheat crackers, vege burger, black beens and made a zuchinni vegetable soup for dinner. I sliced apples and I am getting used to making food separate for the rest of the family and food for me and offering it to the family, like I made a kale salad from Costco mix and I wasn't the only one who ate it. Today I ate a bowl of black beans and wanted something sweet so cut up strawberries and added grapes and ate that, it hit the spot. I'm trying to find peace and perspective. I went to a religion class our Stake puts on this morning and it was uplifting and what I needed today. I am trying to paint, keep my house up do maintience every day and a load of laundry a day so I don't get overwhelmed and I listen to music while I do that. I visit with my teenager and her friends, help my younger children and try to get out of myself.

I do feel like I'd like to start taking on some simple projects and maybe eventually a class maybe on-line at first. My family's schedule is pretty demanding and I feel like I need to be here and avalible but I think I will look at some on-line or home options to improve myself and do things I love. I'd like to start writing music again and work on my writing more. Last night my husband and I cuddled and watched a movie but then it was pretty late when I got to bed and then up at 3 am made it extra tough. I need that time to connect with my husband so at the same time I don't totally regret it. It seems life is too crazy but I am trying to find peace and take things one step at a time and try not to worry about what I don't have control over.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Keep up the good work! I'm proud of your self control.