Monday, October 3, 2016

Healthier lifestyle experiment day Day 6 and 7

I am still having some abdominal discomfort as my body adjusts hopefully. I made a delicious zucchini bread yesterday with crasins and pecans in it, it did have some sugar but does make a nice healthier tasty treat if I just need a couple bites and something the family would eat. I also made a wonderful vegetable soup that was so simple.

Yummy Simple Vege soup with Zucchini

I diced zuchinni,
lots of onion, sliced carrots,
2 cans of diced tomatoes,
minced garlic and dried basil and oregano,
Water and put in crock pot (Even Haven loved it)

I also had a salad mix with some Asian dressing on Thursday that I had for lunch, so even though it is better to make my salads from scratch sometimes a pre-made salad mix can help give variety and convenience. I still haven't tried my zucchini soup, it doesn't look very appetizing but hopefully will taste better, if not I'll make the yummy soup again. I'll probably make some vege taco soup so I have beans ready to go for the next few days. I am hoping to make some homemade bread as well and raid my garden for basil to use and to dry, also I need to harvest my Kale still and check and see if more of my tomatoes have ripened. If they have then homemade bread with fresh veges would make a great sandwich.

I'm also trying to keep my budget down so trying to make from scratch more and use my garden. I told my teenager I'd buy her an electric guitar if she'd listen to and take notes during conference, but I need to find the funds for that now. Also the first installment of her China trip is coming up, even though she is paying for half of it we are trying to come up with the money for the other half. Then there are three other little rascals I am trying to balance and reward for good behavior I'll need to be extra creative. Haven't had breakfast yet but probably going to make whole-wheat pancakes in blendtec for family and blend up a yummy green smoothie for myself.

I have had a hard time with balance. I am even having a hard time keeping the basics of the house cleaning and need to recruit my family to step up and I am driving my kids all over the place, partially so I can connect with them but partially so I can also monitor and make sure they are safe and it is really time consuming and all the interruptions make it difficult. I have a hard time caring for all my children at once and making sure all of their needs are met. It is also hard not to be affected when those around you are going through emotional or mental difficulties and not want to take on their burdens and help them, it is a good thing but also draining and trying to deal with that is difficult too.

I am hoping to get some inspiration for what is best for our family and how to handle things during conference today. Praying for inspiration. I also have so many people I want to serve and friends I want to be there for as well as my family. I helped to move some family yesterday and my back has been hurting since last night and I need to make time to do yoga I think, my muscles tend to get tight easily and my most common head ache is a tension head ache if I could make time for yoga or tai chi I think I will find more physical and mental comfort.

Simplifying also a lot on my mind, any time I help someone move it is amazing to see the sheer amounts of stuff and junk, I want to get rid of all that in my house, in my life in my schedule in my obligations and try to prioritize and have better time management. I want to help my children be more independent, contributing and aware. I know there are things I can do to focus better. I find if I put music on while I work and do things I seem to be more productive and focused. I could cut out any games on my phone and watching shows so that I only have a set time I take for down time like a half hour in the afternoon and maybe some cuddle time with my husband at night etc. I really need to find a way to work with more then one child at once. I am very much an one on one person and also with my children but if I could manage better so I could be working with more then one child at a time that would help.

1 comment:

Rachel Leslie said...

I recently read something discussing homeschooling that suggested working with the youngest child first. I've started noticing the younger are more okay with me giving attention to the older kids if they've already had some. Good luck!