Monday, May 12, 2008

To women

I'd like to pay tribute to so many wonderful women in my life, mothers and not-yet mother's. My little sister who my kids love, my mom's mission companion who has remembered all of my babies and brought sugar cookies, ornaments, wonderful things for us every Christmas. For my Aunt stuck between a bunch of brothers who is creative and thoughtful and helping with crafts and ideas all the time. Of my kids nursury leader who even helped me out watching my kids in a pinch the day after Christmas. To my writing group all of them friends and women I have only gotten to feel like sisters with. To my book group and including me in all of their smarts. Of a wonderful nurse in my neighborhood who travels, is full of wisdom and is an amazing teacher. To my sisters who now treat me like the little sister, they really do seemed to have more wisdom then me sometimes, to my sister-in-laws putting up with my brothers. Of many older women who are my friends, age no longer matters except in the fact they have lived life so much longer than me and I can just bask in their knowledge and wisdom. To my friends who I could talk hours to who I could call upon anytime if I needed help. My namesake mother, my mother-in-law who shares the same name and raised a son they can do laundry, cook, clean, work hard and provide and be so sweet with me and our children. My grandmothers who are now both past who I loved so much. My very own sweet mother who I will feel sucessful if I can be half as sacrificing, amazing and wonderful as she was to me as a mother and who now is a friend to me too.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

How sweet. I love your writing. You are quite gifted.