Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wonderful things in my life

I've been in such a good mood lately and feeling productive and good about things lately and I was trying to think about what's been different this last week. One thing, I've been trying to read in the morning my scriptures or teachings of Joseph Smith and that has really help put my day in perspective and I find myself using my time better. I've also been listening to a book on tape while every time I am in the kitchen and I look forward to cleaning and cooking and doing stuff around the kitchen, I even deep cleaned my stove top just listening to the book.

Spending more quality time and focus on my children individually has helped me appreciate and feel closer to my children and I know in my heart I'm a good mom when I am taking that time with them. Also, after the holidays and illness it has been nice to start being more social and connecting with people again. Also we've found some more speech help for my son where we go together and sing songs and learn fun ways of working on his articulation.

I'm being more relaxed about some things in my parenting and more consistent with things that will matter in the long run. I'm trying to write more and let go of things in my life that don't build me up or help me feel positive and happy. Anyways, maybe some of these ideas will help you when the winter weather is upon us to help you feel positive too.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hi Sarah! I just got your Christmas card the other day and thought I would check out your blog. I had a nice time perusing it and seeing what you've been up to lately. I thought it was funny that you deep-cleaned your stove top yesterday, since I did the very same thing! I rarely clean it thoroughly, but it had gotten bad, so I took out drip pans and scrubbed underneath and everything. It made me smile to think perhaps we were doing that at the same time :)