Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Healthier lifestyle day 4

Last night went better. Still having some gastrointestinal side effects (gassy, softer stool, some stomach discomfort) but doing better than before. For lunch yesterday more blacks beans and added 5 scoop Frito chips to add variety.

I realized how I have just got into bad habits, my son had left ice cream on the counter and it was that perfect just soft state on top and I just started eatting it with a spoon not wanting to waste the ice cream before putting it back in freezer. I probably had 5 large bites before I realized what I was doing and shoved it onto the freezer.

There have been some challenges with the family being on a different page then I. So last night I gave the rest of the family some frozen pizza and cut up carrots and celery for dinner. I had a can of split pea soup along with cut vegetables for myself. I know the Progresso soup has too much sodium and isn't the healthiest but works as my convinence meal when I need one. Progresso also makes a good vegetable soup and lentil soup. Had a couple strawberries for sweet snack at night.

I found a good zucchini soup recipe online that was dairy free it also uses a lot of basil which I have in my garden. I'm planning on making that today. So far I've had honey dew melon for breakfast. I am also trying to have cut carrots and celery just on the counter for myself and family to snack on. I find that they work really well to fulfill that crunch when you need something crunchy to snack on.

I've had sick kids and driving kids around a lot so I have found it hard to be as active I'm hoping to get yoga or Tia chi in today at least. For personal growth I'm relearning some math concepts so I can help my daughter. I fit in a song or two on piano when I'm cooking or between things. I hope to start on the do it today. I might let the kids help me too.

3 comments:

Mary said...

It is hard to eat healthy when the rest of your family isn't on board. Good work sticking with it!

Rachel Leslie said...

love this! You're a great example. We're trying to make the transition as well and it is definitely hard!!! Could you good recipes? Family may not be into reading the book, but maybe some documentaries would help! Watching 20 min of Fed Up got Simeon to eat broccoli!!

Stephen said...

Whenever I switch to a vegetarian-style diet my gastrointestinal system goes into loops to, but in the end it settles down and I swear my colon feels scrubbed clean.