Sunday, June 14, 2009

M's new room

So I'd like to know what you think. I would like to fix up M's new room for her birthday this summer. Right now she has fading wall paper that is half-way torn off on one wall and holes in another wall and permanent maker on another wall, blinds that are bent and don't work well, no closet doors, stained carpet etc... She's old enough not to destroy a new room so I'm thinking...

New white blinds in the window

Take off the wall paper and re-drywall the wall with holes.

Mint green color on the walls with a new white ceiling,

New white door, smooth the trim around the door with sandpaper and repaint as well.

Paint white trim around the closet, doorway and floor boards.

Wood-lamented flooring, with a matching ceiling/light fan

Blue and greened patterned material as curtains for her closet.

Paint her desk white to match

Organize and maybe build some shelves in her closet.

Have blue framed pictures and a blue framed magnet board on the wall.

All this matches with the two bedspreads she has one which is blue/white/green and another which is plain white. I have two natural wood pieces a dresser and book shelf I'll probably leave. I figure I can do all this for not very much money, the most expensive will the the flooring. Anyways, I'd love to get ideas or what you think.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I like the ideas you've presented. It will be beautiful for a beautiful girl.

Rachel Leslie said...

Hey Sarah,
I'm interested in learning how to dry-wall so call us over when you do it.

Mary said...

Sounds pretty good, although I think curtains on a closet are a little tacky. I would recommend closet doors or just leave it open. Jared said that you should use oil based paint for the trim work and painting over wood. The clean up is messier than latex, but it gives it a more professionally finished look.

Annette said...

That sounds beautiful. Be sure to take before and after pictures so we can see the progress.

Rachel Leslie said...

Sarah, I just showed Mom your blog posting. She is distressed at you painting the desk white, but she says that she can't say anything. oh well.

Nicole said...

How fun! I'm sorry we always miss little M's birthday. How is your trip going? let us know when you're home safe! We miss you guys!