Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Goal

I decided there are not enough books with a religious theme or moral attached. I'm particularly surprized at the lack of Christmas books with even a mention of Christ even at the religious bookstores. So I announcing to the world (maybe that will help keep me motivated) I'm going to write a Christmas book with some religion in it. The basic idea at this point a mother sitting on the couch with her children and they ask her questions and she tells them stories of Jesus, maybe a song the mother makes up to tell a story or a poem included as well, since poetry comes easier to me. So those are my thoughts at this point. I was strenghtened by reading an article in the Ensign about goals and how it is Satan who discourages us and makes us think we can't accomplish things. I've always wanted to write and I need to keep to those goals and not let Satan discourage me.

3 comments:

g said...

You do it! Let me know what you need to get it done! You make a difference, and by clear communication, and good ol' fashioned hard work you can accomplish anything! Never surrender, Never say die!

Ruth said...

I agree. Do it! Mike and I just watched a Christian movie called Fireproof. I can't even explain how nice it was to see a show that was so supportive of family values. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Life with the Warrens said...

here here. i love this idea. just do it! This world is too full of lazy ne'er do wells. stick to the task till it sticks to you.