Sunday, March 8, 2009

Feeling better

I don't remember the last time we've had a set of illness like we've had the last two months, it is so nice for us to all go to church together today, it seems like it has been a long time. It is so nice to be able to get out of the house and socialize and even though it is freezing we've gone for walks and enjoyed the outdoors and the sun shining in the cold.

Being sick always helps motivate you to keep yourself healthy and appreciate our bodies. My son just read me five books, easy real early reader books but it is so exciting. A whole new world opens with reading and you get to experience another person's life through a book, sparks imagination and learning, he even said he wants to learn piano now and I have to try to hide how excited I am.

My oldest just earned over 100 smiley faces so she got a bike, not a little kid bike anymore and it hit me how she is growing up too fast. She is tall for her age, of course, so I feel this growing up too fast even more. I have a hard time finding little girl clothes for her and she wants to be so independent. She still likes me to sing to her every night and likes to read with me even though she protests at first.

My baby's little feet patter all over the house, running here and there. Wants to take a bath all the time loves playing in the water and is sad she can't go in when we take her siblings to swim lessons. I love taking her for walks and her attention span has grown where I can read her more interesting books. I love doing music with the kids, it was inspiring to hear how some of the best academic schools in the country require music and the fine arts in large quanities to the kids in those schools and help me keep to my commitment to require my kids to take music lessons.

Anyways, its nice to feel better, to feel the sun on our faces, to not turn into permanent hermits and to be able to go to church again.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I'm glad that you are all feeling better. That is so exciting about Jacob reading. Tell him that his Aunt Mary is really proud of him. Give Mary and Emily a hug and kiss for me too. We miss you and hope to visit soon.

Life with the Warrens said...

i was just asking my mom if she knew how you were doing and she said you went inactive (wink wink) from being so sick. i was hoping and praying that you would get better. are you still thinking of coming to CA?

Ruth said...

You're wonderful Sarah. I'm so glad you are feeling a little better.

Nicole said...

Glad to hear you are getting better. I can't believe Jacob is old enough to be reading...and Mary is just growing up! Elle misses them so much...wish we were closer! We'll be looking forward to your next novel:)